Happy Meatless Monday! Thanks for joining Tina and I for another week of great veggie eats. It’s finally starting to feel like spring around here and I have been itching to get our grill fired up. Well, truth be told, my hubs doesn’t let me near “his grill” but he cook my veggies on it. I whipped up these fab spicy, Chipotle Black Bean burgers on a whim and they were fabulous. My pictures this week really don’t do them justice so you will have to trust me . 🙂
These Black Bean Burgers were really easy to whip up at the last minute with ingredients I already had on hand. I served them with homemade sweet potato fries and salsa. I love making my own salsa and usually have it in the fridge because it’s so good on everything.
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans-rinsed and drained
- handful fresh cilantro
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper-quartered
- ½ onion
- 2-4 Chipotle in Adobo sauce w 2-4 tsp of sauce (depending on spice pref)
- 1 egg
- ½ C Gluten Free Panko bread crumbs
- pepper, garlic to taste
- In a food processor combine:
- onion, cilantro, peppers and chipotle and pulse
- Add in beans & egg
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in panko
- Use a ½ c measure to scoop and form into 6 "burgers"
- Grill or pan saute about 5 min on each side
Super simple! The first day I ate the Black Bean Burger on a bun in the traditional burger way. For lunch the next day, it was great in a wrap or on top of a salad. The grilled avocado was the kicker-yum! Hope you enjoy!
Bonus recipe! Make your own Salsa
- handful of cilantro
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers-seeded and halved
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 C of fresh tomatoes of your choice ( I prefer Campari or small sweet ones)
- 1 garlic clove
- salt, pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Have you opened up the grill yet? What’s your favorite food to grill?
PS-Don’t forget about our #RockYourCore challenge happening the whole month of April. Each week is a new chance to join in. Check back tomorrow for this week’s info. You can find the whole calendar of moves here.