Happy Friday! I am excited for this week’s Friday Five post with Cynthia, Mar & Courtney it’s all about Veggies!
As you all know, I am a vegetarian so veggies are a big part of my life. Perhaps I am not the only one who gets in a veggie rut and tends to buy and eat the same veggies week after week? I’ve been consciously attempting to try new veggies and expand my diet a little.
Here’s what I am planning on eating lots of this spring:
1. Micro Greens– How did I not even know these existed until last week?! Yep I’ve been back to Whole Foods 3 times to buy more. I’m loving them in salads and wraps and I can be sure you will be seeing some Meatless Monday recipes with these in them very soon.
2. Collard Leaves- Also new to me! I’ve had collard greens before but never ate them whole and raw before this week. Stay tuned for fun Meatless Monday recipe with these next week.
3. Radishes- I have been seeing these everywhere and they just scream spring to me. I was never a fan of them in the past and I am determined to whip them into something yummy.
4. Strawberries- So technically a fruit but I am putting them in! I eat these all year around but they taste way sweeter and better in the spring and summer. They also cost a lot less this time of year. I could eat them by the bowlful everyday.
5. Grilled Veggies- It is rare that we grill in the winter and I can’t wait until we start firing up the grill in the next few weeks. My hubs is really territorial about “his” grill but sometimes he will do this for me. Yum! My favorite way to eat them. I did a whole post last summer on how to grill them and then make them into meals all week long.
Ok now I am hungry! What veggies are you looking forward this Spring?
Exciting news! Coming next week: I am teaming up with some of my fave fitness friends to bring you an April Ab challenge you won’t want to miss. #RockYourCore. We’ve got recipes. We’ve got videos. We’ve got cardio. We’ve got so much more than crunches. We’ve got prizes. We have everything you need to:
Stay tuned for details to come! In the meantime, your are going to want to follow these fitnessistas on IG so you don’t miss a thing. #RockYourCore