Happy Monday! I have so much to tell you today! Most importantly, I got to meet my co host, Tina
What a sweetie! She was in town to run the Rock n Roll Half Marathon. I will let her tell you all about it but spoiler alert: she crushed it!! We certainly need to cook together next time we get together. How great would that be? Please join us with your Meatless Monday recipe and do check out all of the great recipes below. That’s how we all grow!
Today I have a great Warm Salad bowl for you filled with grains, veggies and seeds. If you do a little advance prep, it can easily be thrown together for a quick filling meal. I like to make a batch of grains to use throughout the week to make meal prep quicker. The seeds can be toasted in advance. For this recipe, you can also pre roast the butternut squash and simply re heat when needed. For the dressing, I used juice from 1/2 lemon, lemon flavored Olive Oil and Balsamic.
- 1 C Black rice-cooked according to package
- 1 C Quinoa-cooked according to pakage
- 2 C raw spinach
- 2 C Kale or Cabbage shredded
- 1 Butternut squash-cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1/4 c Hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 C blue cheese
- 1/2 C edamame
- 1 small red beet-spiralized (raw)
- Balsamic vinegar, lemon, olive oil to taste for dressing
- pepper & kosher salt
- siracha seasoning
- Prep black rice and quinoa in advance and set aside
- Sprinkle Butternut Squash with salt, pepper and siracha seasoning and roast at 375 for 30 min or until softened
- Meanwhile, toast hemp seeds and sunflower seeds in toaster or skillet for 3-5 min until browned
- In a large bowl assemble:
- spinach, kale/cabbage, rice, quinoa, edamame, squash
- Sprinkle seed mixture and blue cheese
- top with spiralized beet
- Dress with lemon juice, Olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper
Side note: My absolute new favorite spice is this Siracha powder! Simply genius-Have you seen it?
Warm Salad bowls-What do you think? Siracha powder-Have you tried it?