Happy Friday! I am linking up with Cynthia, Mar & Courtney for the Friday Five! This week I am giving you a glimpse into what my typical Friday is like. Has you on the edge of your seat huh?
1. My alarm goes off at 6:15 and I get up with the kids to make breakfast and lunch. Yes I have 2 teens and of course they are perfectly capable of getting up on their own. Much to my husband’s dismay, I like to get up with them and appreciate this time with them in the morning before school. We are in a rush but they get out the door by 7 am.
2. Then it’s me time! While my husband is upstairs getting dressed, I have my coffee and check emails and do a little blogging. I am really into omelets packed with veggies and avocado for breakfast. I usually have some MRTT admin stuff to do-checking on the scheduled runs for the day, admitting new members etc.
3. Then I am off to spin class with my friends followed by our Master Swim Class. This is one of my hardest workout days. About 2 1/2 hours of exercise leaves me completely starving and exhausted on my way home. Love that feeling! How about you?
4. Home for a quick lunch. This week I am into roasted sweet potato, squash, black bean and spinach salads. I tend to eat the same thing a few days in a row. I folded a few loads of laundry. Seriously it is never ending and why is it always at the top of the stairs??
5. Today I am doing something special and heading downtown to meet up with my friend & Co-Meatless Monday host, Tina Muir. She is coming to DC to run The Rock n Roll Marathon tomorrow. I am so excited to meet her “in real life”. She is going to “rock” it on Saturday.
I ran out of space on my Friday Five! I am sure I have lots of other Mom things to do today. Those kids should be coming home soon and I guess someone needs to make dinner…
Thanks for taking a glimpse into my day. What are you up to today?