Happy Monday everyone! Hope you are all surviving this freezing crazy weather we’ve been having lately. As you are reading this, my husband and I are off on a much needed island hopping adventure in the Caribbean. Stay tuned for pics of our adventures next week. Please join Tina Muir and I to link up some great Meatless meals for you today.
We all love Chinese food but probably don’t love the high sodium and fat content that often accompanies it. I love the idea of using veggies to replace starches and this Cauliflower Fried Rice does not disappoint. Cauliflower is a great substitute for rice in this stir fry and really helps to make it a satisfying veggie meal. I’ve made this twice this past week once with tofu and once without. Depending on how much protein you are craving, I think it’s great either way. The left overs are fabulous for lunch the next day as well.
- 1 head of cauliflower-washed & cut into large chunks
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 C snow peas
- 1 cup mushrooms of your choice
- 2 broccoli crowns
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 1 C brussels sprouts or bok choy
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 1 package of firm tofu (drained & diced-optional)
- 2 tsp soy sauce (or gf sub)
- 2 tsp Asian chili sauce
- 2 tbl Teriyaki sauce
- Splash of sesame oil
- 1/2 C cashews (or peanut or almonds) crushed
- Prep veggie by washing and cutting into bite size pieces
- Add Cauliflower to food processor and pulse until cauliflower has a rice consistency-set aside
- In a hot skillet-saute onion, garlic & ginger with sesame oil
- Add in all other veggies (except cauliflower)
- May need to add a splash of water to steam veggies
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce, Teriyaki and season to taste
- Add Cauliflower “rice” and cook 2-3 minutes (do not overcook)
- Meanwhile- scramble 2 eggs and add to veggie mixture
- Top with nuts and serve
Super easy and fast for a filling weeknight meal. Vegetarian, Paleo and GF friendly. Hope you enjoy!
Do you have any other ways to use Cauliflower Rice or any other Chinese food hacks for me?