Welcome to February! It’s been so cold around here lately that I just want to make all of my favorite comfort foods. How about you? I love a great Vegetarian Chili and this week I’m showing you how I got creative with the leftovers and ate it all week long.
Please join Tina Muir and I as we link up loads of great Meatless Monday recipes each and every week. We hope you will check out all the great links below and discover new blog friends and fabulous recipes to try.
Cooking note: I’ve use Beyond Meat Veggie crumbles for this recipe as they are my favorite brand of “fake meat”. Feel free to sub as you desire.
- 2 cans of black beans
- 32 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 32 oz tomato puree
- 1 package Beyond Meat veggie crumbles (or your favorite brand)
- 8 oz package of baby bella mushrooms diced
- 1 C carrots diced
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2-4 Chipotles in Adobe sauce (add more sauce for extra spiciness)
- 1-2 tsp of chili powder, cumin, pepper, garlic
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours
- Alternate: Add all ingredients to a stock pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least 1 hour
How to serve? The first night I ate the Vegetarian chili on top of quinoa, garnished with avocado and cheese as pictured above. The second night I served it on a baked sweet potato.
The last night a made a “chili salad”-Yummy!
What’s your favorite way to eat Chili? Do you like avocado & cheese on top?