You may have noticed
or heard me whine about that I haven’t been running much lately due this nagging case of Plantar Fasciitus. This week I am feeling like it is finally getting better so there is hope. This have given me a new found appreciation for all of the indoor workouts I can do. I’ve always been a huge fan of cross training, so when I saw that this week’s topic the The Friday Five linkup was Indoor Workouts, I was excited to participate. I love linking up with Courtney, Mar & Cynthia it’s such a great way to discover new blogs.
1. Spinning– I’ve always loved spinning! I’ve written about the great benefits here before. There is something about the neon lights, loud music and the way the group energy is contagious. Lately, I’ve been going 2-3 times a week and I am loving the results. Almost makes me want to go back to teaching it again. A bunch of my MRTT running buddies also take classes with me so I don’t feel so left out not running.
2. Kick Boxing- For the last few years, I’ve been enjoying doing one on one kickboxing sessions with my trainer. It’s really an amazing cardio workout and quite the sweat fest. When else can you punch and kick someone and know that they won’t do it back? Plus I feel awfully bad ass in my pink boxing gloves!
3. Swimming– After 4 years I decided to go back to doing Tri races this year. I was really into them for a while but then kind of got burnt out and wanted to focus on longer running races. Ironically, having the foot injury right now, has set me up for some great tri training. So I am back in the pool!
4. Hot Yoga-I love Hot Yoga especially in the winter time. I love dripping with sweat and feeling completely spent. I really find I get a great stretch in my hamstrings, back and feet in a way I don’t get while stretching on my own. My fave yoga spot, Core Power, also has hot yoga sculpt classes with weights. Killer Workouts!
5. Solid Core- I’ve recently discovered this class and wow did it kick my butt! Anything that kicks my butt makes me want to try it again. I felt my abs for days. It’s a Pilates reformer on steroids. If you missed my recent review, check it here. I dragged along some of my MRTT buddies to check it out. Don’t let their smiles fool you-They were cursing me for days! I’m looking forward to going back again soon.