Happy Meatless Monday! In keeping with my soup theme all month, I am bringing you another great Winter soup to keep you warm and satisfied. Please join Tina Muir and I as we link up all the best Meatless Monday recipes around.
This “Creamy” soup is actually dairy free & Gluten free. The creamy texture comes from the pureed chick peas. They also bump up the protein and vitamins. So grab a bowl and dig in! It’s a great way to hide the Chick Peas from those picky eaters too.
- 4 C Vegetable broth
- 2 Cans of 14 oz Chick peas (rinsed)
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tbl garlic paste or 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 1/2 tbl lemon juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers (adjust to taste)
- fresh basil & parsley to garnish
- salt, pepper & garlic to taste
- optional sprinkle of parm cheese to serve
- Add all ingredients into a stock pot
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for 30 min
- Use an immersion blender or traditional blender to puree soup until smooth
- Garnish with basil & parsley
- Optional sprinkle of Parm cheese
This soup can also be frozen into individual serving sizes and pulled out on one of those chilly soup kind of days. I’ve been craving lots of soups this month.
What are you craving these days??