If it’s been as cold where you live as it is here, you will love this hearty, healthy Corn Chowder. I’ve been focusing on soups this month and this one is one of my family’s favorites. It’s super easy to make and is sure to be a hit with your family too. I’ve kicked it up a bit with some jalapeno peppers but if you don’t like spicy, just omit them.
Please join Tina Muir and I for this week’s Meatless Monday Link up and check out all of the great recipes below.
- 2 Large ripe tomatoes-halved
- 2 Bell or red peppers-halved
- 3 Cups Frozen corn
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves-chopped
- 3 Cups of Vegetable stock
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers-seeded and chopped (depending on your spice preference)
- 1/2 C of light cream
- Chili powder, salt & pepper to taste
- Avocado & sunflower seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 and roast tomatoes and Bell/Red Peppers until softened approx 10 M
- In a stock pot combine:
- Roasted Veggies, corn, onions, garlic, Veg stock, jalapenos and spices
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least 1 hour
- Use an immersion blender or transfer to blender to puree all ingredients
- Add more Chili pepper if needed
- Right before serving mix in light cream to combine
- Serve with avocado and sunflower seed garnish
I’m loving the comfort of a big bowl of soup right now. What’s on your menu this week?