Happy Meatless Monday! This week I am bringing you a simple yet oh so satisfying Crock Pot French Toast with Caramelized Bananas that is perfect for the Holiday Season. We all have relatives staying over or dropping by or maybe a lazy morning at home with the family. We made this a few weeks ago and my kids loved it! Hope you do too. It’s super easy to assemble, set the crock pot and go!
This was a very easy dish to prepare and my kids had fun helping out. The house smelled so good we couldn’t wait to eat this. A couple notes-I used Challah Raisin Bread but you can use any bread of choice. This would also be amazing with pear or apple to switch it up. Recently we made it again and threw in some blueberries. Fantastic! Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 C skim milk
- 2 Tbl Honey
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 3 ripe bananas-sliced
- 9 slices of Hearty Whole Wheat or Challah Bread-cut in half to make 18 pieces
- In a large bowl: whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, & almond extract
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray
- Place 6 slices of bread in crock pot, top with about 1/2 of bananas
- Repeat layering 2x
- Use all of the bananas between the layers to end with bread on top
- Pour all egg mixture on top
- cover and cook on low for 3.5 hours
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve with maple syrup
I served it with some Veggie “sausages” to bump up the protein. This dish will even pass the picky eater test.
Have company coming over for Brunch this week? What are you making?