Happy Meatless Monday! Welcome to December where Tina Muir and I are hoping to have some “Holiday Meals Made Healthy” recipes to link up. Of course you can link up any healthy Vegetarian recipe-it’s just a suggestion. I’m sharing my Meatless Main Dish from Thanksgiving “Quattro Vegetali Bake” hope you enjoy it. It made a great main dish for vegetarians and a great side dish for the rest of the family and those looking for a gluten free option.
- 2 portobello mushrooms-sliced thinly
- 2 zucchini sliced about ¼ inch thickness
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 3 baby eggplant-sliced
- 1 can 15 oz of diced tomatoes
- ¼-1/2 cup parmasean cheese
- Olive oil, salt, pepper,oregano, basil & red pepper
- Pre heat oven to 375
- spray baking sheet with cooking spray and line with sliced eggplant
- Sprinkle generously with olive oil, kosher salt & pepper
- Bake for 15 m until eggplant softens-remove
- Using a 9x13 casserole dish alternate layers of eggplant, tomato, zucchini and tomato standing up
- (see photo for further guidance)
- Sprinkle with pepper, kosher salt, oregano, basil and red pepper (if desired)
- Pour can of tomatoes over top
- Sprinkle on Parm cheese
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until cheese is browned
- Allow to sit for a few minutes before serving
We’d love to see some of your Holiday Favorites over the next few weeks. Stay tuned for my healthier version of a Hanukkah favorite next Monday.
What’s your favorite Holiday Meal? How do you make it healthier?