Happy Meatless Monday! Please join Tina and I to showcase the best Vegetarian recipes out there.We hope you will check out all of the great recipes in the link up.
Cranberries are synonymous with Thanksgiving but who says they can’t be healthy too? I am continuing my November Thanksgiving Sides series and bringing you a fabulous alternative to canned cranberry sauce. Who wants to eat a sickeningly sweet, sugar laced canned cranberry sauce when you can easily make your own healthy version? I’ve mixed it up a little by adding in some pear and orange. The best part is that you can make it in advance, freeze it and just pull it out on Thanksgiving Day. Not only is the Cranberry Sauce healthy, it takes less than 30 minutes to make. Hope you enjoy! Bonus: the whole house smelled great.
- 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 C fresh squeezed Orange juice (about 1 large orange)
- 1 Orange-Peeled and diced into small chunks
- 1 Pear-Peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbl Honey
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients into a medium saucepan
- Bring to a low boil then reduce to a simmer
- stir often for about 15 min until fruit dissolves and sauce thickens
- Allow to cool
- Chill or freeze for future use
This Cranberry sauce is so easy to make and so much better than the canned version. Hope you give it a try for your Thanksgiving and Holiday Dinners. Your family and friends will love it. #Vegetarian #GF #Vegan
Can’t wait to see the other fabulous Meatless Monday Link Ups this week!