Now that we are into Fall, the weather is getting chillier and skin is getting drier. One day it’s warm, the next hot. I love to keep active outdoors all year around and these are some of the fitness & beauty finds that make me more comfortable in the elements. They are easy to find and inexpensive. Check them out and let me know what you think.
1. Arm Warmers-In the fall especially, the weather is hard to predict and ever changing. When I have an early race, I want to stay warm but don’t necessarily want to commit to a jacket. I’ve found these Smart Wool Arm Warmers to be just perfect. Leave them on for the start and the first few miles. When you are warmed up, push them down and use them as a sweat band or even to wipe your nose. I’m always glad to have them. They are btwn $17-25 on Amazon
2. Disposable Gloves– Fall, we never know what to expect from you. You are hot and you are cold. I don’t like to take out my “real” winter gloves until it’s really cold and I know that I will keep them on for a whole run. I’ve lost some nice gloves over the years when I thought they were secured in a my pocket. Enter the disposable gloves. You can find them at most running stores and race expos for $1-2 a pair. Wear them pre race and until you are warmed up then ditch them. I try to stock up on a few pairs so I always have them.
3. Aquafor-One of my favorite all time products! As soon as the weather changes, my skin really starts to get dry. I use Aquafor in a few ways. I rub it into my feet at night and then put socks on to wake up with super soft feet. No more dry heels! On long runs or rainy runs, I rub some on pre run to avoid blisters and keep the rain off my feet. Also great as a hand lotion. I buy it by the tub to last longer. You can find a 3 pack on Amazon Aquaphor Healing Ointment Dry, Cracked and Irritated Skin Protectant, 3.5 oz Jar, (Pack Of 3)
4. Epsom Salt-I am so not an ice bath kind of girl. In the fall and winter, I love a nice long, hot Epsom Salt bath after a run or tough workout. It’s not just for old people! You can find all kinds of scented Epsom Salts at your local pharmacy. A large bag usually lasts 2 baths for me. An inexpensive way to recover and relax.
5. Carmex-My lips get chapped and dry as soon as the heat goes on. Running or exercising outside can leave you with cracked and bleeding lips. No Mother Runner wants that! I’ve found Carmex to be a great lip protectant and healer. Available in unscented and cherry. I always have one with me on a run.Carmex – Lip Moisturizing Tube, Original Balm – 0.35 Oz (3 each)
What are some of your favorite Fitness & Beauty Must Haves for Fall? Did I forget anything?
(Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links)