Meatless Monday! Today I am bringing you the first in my 4 part November series of Vegetarian Thanksgiving sides. Please link up your Meatless Monday recipe below with my co host Tina Muir and check out all of the other great blogs and fabulous recipes.
Fall is the perfect time to enjoy roasted vegetables and this dish is sure to satisfy even the meat eaters at your Thanksgiving table.
Some notes on the recipe:
-The beets take the longest to roast about an hour. You can do them in advance and warm them up for the dish.
-The mushrooms and asparagus cook the quickest (about 15 m) so it is easier to put them on a pan together.
-The carrot, squash & cauliflower do well on a separate pan.
-The sprinkle of Pomegranate seeds on top gives it an extra splash of yum
- 1 head cauliflower (cleaned & cut)
- 2-3 Whole beets (cleaned & stems removed)
- 8 oz baby carrots
- 1 bunch of asparagus (stems cut)
- 1 pkg (20 oz.) Butternut squash
- 1 pkg Baby Bella mushrooms (cleaned & halved)
- Fresh rosemary
- For dressing:
- ⅓ C Olive Oil (lemon flavored if available)
- 2 garlic cloves-minced
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 oz Pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 375
- Clean & wrap beets in a foil pouch and bake for 1 hour (allow to cool & remove skin)
- Arrange veggies on baking pan, sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper & rosemary
- Roast until desired tenderness
- -mushrooms & asparagus about 15 m
- -cauliflower, squash & carrots about 30 m
- Combine veggies add beets
- Add salt & pepper
- For dressing combine:
- olive oi, garlic, lemon juice & mustard
- Warm dressing in microwave for 30 s before pouring over veggies
- Can be made in advance and warmed in oven before serving
- Sprinkle Pom seeds on top
Hope you will check out all of the great recipes link up below. Don’t forget to check back next week for more Thanksgiving ideas.
What’s your favorite Meatless Thanksgiving side?