I recently purchased a new hydration belt, the Fitletic 16 oz, so when I saw that Erika, Patty & April were talking favorite running gear this week for their Tuesdays on The Run link up I thought it was the perfect time to review it.
The previous belt I had used a velcro closure at the waist and after a few months of wear the velcro started to be less reliable. A few weeks ago during a race it just fell off of my waist and I had to go double back through a throng of runners to retrieve it. Not good at all. I also felt like it bounced around a bit as well. Time for a new one!!
At the Army Ten Miler expo, I wandered around looking at options and finally settled on the Fitletic and here’s why:
• Silicone Grippers to eliminate bounce
• Water Resistant Neoprene Pocket for phone and essentials
• Fits Most Phones, including iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4
• Interior Pocket to secure ID /Cash
• Two Quick-Draw Bottle Holsters with Two 8 oz (250 ml) Flasks w/ Quick-Flow Race Caps- BPA Free / Dishwater Safe
• Ultra Soft Dual-Adjust Waistbelt
• Two Exterior Energy Gel Loops for On-the-Fly Access
• High Visibility Reflectors
• Race Bib Toggles