Meatless Monday! Link up with me and Tina Muir to share your Vegetarian recipe with us. Add your link below.
People do seem to be going a little “Pumpkin Crazy” these days however most of the recipes and pictures I see are for pies, breads and lattes. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good pumpkin bread too but let’s not forget that pumpkin is a vegetable in the squash family with a ton of health benefits.
I’ve kicked up the health benefits even more by combining Kale & Pumpkin into a yummy lasagna. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 pkg whole wheat no cook lasagna noodles (or pasta sub of your choice)
- 4 c Kale (washed & cut from stem)
- 2 C your favorite tomato sauce
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 12 oz part skim ricotta
- 2 C low fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pepper & salt to taste
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Saute kale in a small amount of olive oil until soft (approx 5 min)
- In a small bowl combine: ricotta, pumpkin, spices, egg and ½ C of the mozzarella-set aside
- spray casserole dish with cooking spray
- pour a small amount of tomato sauce into pan to coat
- layer noodles, cheese mixture and sauce repeating as you would a traditional lasagna
- top layer is sauce and the remainder of the mozzarella cheese
- cover with foil and bake 40 min
- uncover and bake an additional 20 min or until brown and bubbly
- let sit 5 min, cut to serve and enjoy!
What are you favorite pumpkin recipes?