1. My family–I always wanted to be the kind of mom who ran around on the playground and chased her kids around the neighborhood. Check√ As my kids grew up, I wanted to demonstrate to them how to take pride in themselves, care for their bodies and value themselves. I’d also like my husband to still think I’m hot after almost 20 years together. One of the best ways I can think of to do this is to eat well and exercise. They inspire me everyday to be the best me I can be and I hope I inspire them as well.
2. My Running Buddies– You have all heard me gush about my MRTT group many times. They truly are a huge motivation for me. When I am having a tough run, there is always a friend there to pull me through or just chit chat away so we forget about the miles. Someone is always up for running more miles because that’s what’s in your training plan this week. Seeing new runners join us and then go on to run half or full marathons the next year is so rewarding for all of us.
3. Facebook– Seeing all of my “friends” achieving marathons, triathlons, weight losses, receiving job promotions and traveling the world really inspire me to want to do more. Peer pressure is also a good thing!
4. Pinterest– Seriously seeing all of these fabulous recipes everyday inspires me to want to cook more and come up with my own fabulous recipes.
5. All of you!–Every morning I open up my emails to find all of these blog posts about you all running your first 5k’s and crushing your marathon times. Running for the first time post baby, running through the best of times and the worst of times. Raising money for great causes while becoming fitter and more fabulous. Sounds cliche but true!