I’m linking up with the trio Erika, Patty and April for Tuesdays on the run. This week they are discussing favorite race distances. I just completed my first double this weekend 5k/10k Clarendon Day run. It was so wacky yet so much fun. We first ran the 5k then had to walk back up a hill 1.4 miles to the start for the 10k. Ran the 10k then again walked back up the hill 1.4 to the start and after party. Who does that? I do! Woo Hoo! While running this weekend I was thinking about why I love 10k’s.
1. It’s so easy to talk your friends into a 10k
2. It is pretty doable distance to train for in a short time
3. There is very little drama and pressure before and during a 10k
4, Recovery is pretty easy from a 10k run
5. You can usually sign up last minute (thus #3 above)
6. A 10k is long enough to give you a sense of accomplishment
7. A 10k is short enough that you are not down for the count the rest of the day
8. You don’t have to be fast to do a 10K. Lots of people walk/run and that’s ok.
9. 10k’s are great training for longer races
10. Do a 10k and you can still justify dessert
What’s your favorite race distance?