I’m linking up with with Tina Muir to bring you the best Meatless Monday recipes around. Please grab our badge and link up your recipe at the bottom. We’d love to try them!
Today I’m bringing you a Trio of Mezze dips that are so versatile you will find yourself eating them all week on everything. Roasted Red Pepper, Baba Ghanoush & Spicy Chipotle Black Bean-Yum! What’s even better is that they are so easy and quick to whip up you are sure to impress.
- 3-4 baby eggplants
- 4 Tbl lemon juice
- ¼ C Tahini
- 1 Tbl chopped garlic
- ¼ C Olive Oil
- kosher salt, pepper to taste
- handful of flat leaf parsley
- ½ Tbl cumin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice eggplant in half vertically and coat eat side with Olive Oil and sprinkle of salt
- Roast skin side down for 35-45 min until the inside is soft, allow to cool
- Scoop out the inside of the eggplant and discard skin
- In a food processor add: eggplant, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, Olive Oil, parsley, cumin, salt & pepper
- Pulse until combined to desired consistency
- Chill before serving
I made these next 2 dips while the eggplant was cooking in under 15 min using the same food processor for all 3 dips. It’s so easy you won’t believe it.
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 7 oz can of chipotle in Adobo sauce ( if you like spicy add the whole can w sauce for a more mild dip start with half of the can)
- sprinkle of Olive Oil
- Add all ingredients to food processor bowl and pulse until combined
This Roasted Red pepper dip tastes so rich and indulgent but it’s super healthy. I’ve used roasted red peppers from a jar to cut down cooking time. Look for peppers in water not oil.
- 1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (to remove some salt)
- handful of fresh basil
- 1 Tbl chopped garlic
- 3 Tbl lemon juice
- 1 Tbl Olive Oil
- 12 oz jar of Roasted Red Peppers in water
- 4 Tbl Parmesean cheese
- pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor bowl and pulse to combine. Add pepper or salt to taste.
These dips are so versatile I know you will find yourself using them all week. I put the Black bean and the Red Pepper dip into a tortilla with eggs. All the dips are great on top of a veggie burger or as an afternoon snack with veggies. Pita sandwich with veggies and any of the dips make a perfect lunch. For dinner, why not add some Red Pepper dip to a baked potato-yum!
What would you eat with these dips? Which looks best?
Grab our button, Add your link and please visit the other blogs for tasty recipes (and it’s good manners)