Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while know that I missed all of my Spring races this year due to a stress fracture in my shin. The Winter and Spring were rough, having to take off 8 weeks from running. I’m working may way back up to where I was and I am making progress. 2014 has not been my best running year (yet) however, I plan to come back strong this fall. What better way to do this than to sign up for lots of races right? I do have a busy Fall race calendar but I think if I am smart and listen to my body I can accomplish my goals and get back “on track”.
So, here’s what I have on tap so far for Fall:
1. Our first MRTT Fall Welcome Run– (not a race but an event Sept 6th)- We’ve had so many new members join this summer (which is great) but I haven’t met them all yet. We’ve organized a Welcome Run to encourage the new members to come out and meet us all. We have pace groups going from walkers to 8mm to try to coax all the newbies out. Really looking forward it.
2. Ragnar DC– (Sept 11-13) So excited and very nervous about the relay. I used to think only crazy people did these things! We signed up so long ago and I now it’s finally here. Our team, “Moms Do It All Night Long” is ready to go! I think 🙂
3. Clarendon 10k (Sept 27 Arlington, VA)- I’ve never done this race before but here it is mostly flat and fast course. Just what I need. There is also a 5k and some people do both! I plan to do the 10k. I’m looking forward to the cooler temps for this one.
4. Army 10 Miler (October 12-Arlington, VA) I did this race for thee first time last year and loved it! I felt so patriotic running amongst so many of our Nation’s heroes, through Nat’l monuments and The Pentagon. This is the 3rd largest 10 mile race in the US. Can’t wait to participate again.
5. Run For The Parks 10k (Nov 2, Wash, DC). I’ve never done this race before either. It benefits the Nat’l Parks around Wash, DC and registration includes this great hoody. I hear the course if beautiful and I am sure the weather will be too.
Just typing this up I got so excited for my Fall races and now I just need to stay healthy enough to make it to all of them.
Have you done any of these races? What’s on your Fall Race Schedule?
Note: I am starting a Meatless Monday linkup this week with Tina Muir and I hope you will all check it out