Stay tuned for an amazing Meatless Monday link up co-hosted by myself and Tina Muir starting in September. We hope you’ll link up with us then.
I’m loving all the great corn and tomatoes this summer so I whipped up this easy salad with some of my favorite ingredients. Hope you like it! I’ve used fresh corn but if you can’t subbing with frozen should work as well. The jicama adds a nice crunch and flavor. Tip: They will cut and dice a jicama for you at Whole Foods for no charge.
The jalapeno cilantro vinegarette is so good and can be used on just about any salad. Vegetarian, Vegan & GF Enjoy!
- 6 ears of corn (cooked and taken off the cob)
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes or 3 large tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 c jicama (diced)
- 1 c edamame ( 1 bag of frozen-thawed)
- 1 large yellow or red pepper-diced
- garnish with avocado and lettuce
- Allow corn to cool and take off cob
- Combine all ingredients
- Add Cilantro jalapeno dressing to coat
- serve atop bed of lettuce and garnish with avocado
- juice of 4 limes (approx ¼c)
- ¼ c Apple Cider vinegar
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¾ c of Olive oil (or your favorite oil)
- ½ cup or large handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno (seeded)
- pepper to taste
- In food processor, pule jalapeno until smooth
- add cilantro
- add lime juice, vinegar, salt, oil and pulse until combined
I’m loving the fresh corn and tomatoes right now-hope you enjoy this salad.
What do you think of Jicama?