I’ve written about how much I love my Moms Run This Town group before and how much I really enjoy being a Co-Chapter Leader with my friend, Alex. Here are my top 5 reasons why I love them:
1. We don’t judge- Run fast, run slow, run long, run short. Walk, skip or jog with a stroller. We don’t mind. We’re not competitive. We have runners of all paces and distances and more likely than not, there is always someone to run with. Doing your first post baby run? Need to get in a 20 mile training run? Want to run at 0 dark thirty or noon? We’ve got an app for that! Well not exactly but you get the gist.
2. We are not afraid to go all in with our style- We love to pull out all the stops with our race day outfits. Trust me you will feel far less silly riding the metro at 6 am in your reindeer outfit and crazy socks if your girlfriends are along for the run.
3. We’re not afraid to get dirty! Crazy race idea? No problem we’re in! Want to do a crazy, muddy, foamy, color or obstacle race? One of more of us are always will to join you and you won’t even have to twist our arms.
4. We give back-MRTT prides itself and making community connections and giving back by volunteering whenever we can. We manned a multi-Chapter water stop for the Nike Women’s Half this spring. Great to be on the other side of the table and cheer on our friends.
5. We’ve got your back!- Running and running friends really are cheaper than therapy. Going through a hard time? Just need a night out with the girls? Just say the word (Wine/Beer) and we’re there for you. When your running friends become your real friends, life is good.
Those are my top 5 reasons for LOVING my running group. What do you love about your running friends?