This is a quick, healthy alternative to the heavy, breaded Eggplant Parmesean usually found on Italian restaurant menus. It’s vegetarian, Gluten Free and low in fat and calories. Even better, requires very little prep and minimal ingredients.
Serve atop quinoa as shown here or with rice or pasta. Also a great side dish to any meal. Mangia!
- 2 large eggplants or 4 baby eggplants
- 1 cup your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella
- olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, basil
- Prepare grill and pre heat
- Wash eggplant and discard tops
- slice vertically and generously coat both sides with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Grill each side of the eggplant for approx 10 min or until soft
- carefully spoon on marinara sauce
- sprinkle on cheese
- close grill and cook approx 5 min until cheese is melted
- garnish with basil & orgegano
- serve atop quinoa, pasta or rice
Stay tuned for a new Meatless Monday link up beginning in September co-hosted by Tina Muir