I’ve been loving all of the the summer fruits and veggies and just can’t get enough of them. This is a super easy, spicy gazpacho perfect for hot summer days. I whipped it up for a dinner party a few weeks ago “shooter style” and it was a big hit. My secret ingredient is “Spicy Hot V-8 juice”. It adds a lot of zing and provides a ton of extra veggies and vitamins.
- 46 oz Spicy Hot V-8 juice
- 3 large cucumbers (peeled and seeded), chopped
- 3 large tomatoes-chopped
- 1 Vidalia onion-chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper-halved & seeded
- 2 Green Peppers-halved & seeded
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a blender of Cuisinart, work in small batches to puree each item with a small amount of V-8 juice
- Transfer all ingredients to large container, stir and season with salt & pepper
- Chill for 2-3 hours
- Garnish with cucumber, croutons or avocado
Hope you enjoy it!