I am excited about the topic this week- 5 GOALS! We all need to have them and it is the perfect time for me to re-evaluate mine so here goes:
1. I need to be better about stretching. I preach it all the time and do really feel the difference when I stretch before and after runs. Lately, I’ve been slacking off a little and thinking I would just do it later. I know from experience that’s what gets me into trouble and allows little injuries to pop up. Time to focus on the torture devices. I just learned some new fabulous stretches while in Aspen-stay tuned for those coming soon.
2. Keep working on eating clean(er). I’ve been making a conscious effort to cut out processed foods and be more mindful of my food choices. I feel really good when I eat better. (duh?) It hasn’t been as hard as I thought but does require more planning. On the plus side, I’ve been doing way more cooking and creating more recipes of my own. I’ve also gotten tons of inspiration from Pinterest so thank you all for adding your amazing ideas.
3. Keep being smart and disciplined about running-I’ve mentioned a few times that I am coming back from my stress fracture injury. It’s so tempting to add extra runs in because my group is going out or there is a special running event or race going on. I know that for me to totally heal and not re-injure myself I have to only run 3 days a week for now. I’ve seen some of my friends make this same mistake of doing too much. I so don’t want to be hurt again so I am sticking to the plan.
4. Keep trying new things! I’m on vacation this week and trying to step out of the comfort zone (hard for me to do!) and do some new activities. I did a great TRX class this week and definitely felt some new muscles at work. I have some other fun activities planned for today as well-hope I don’t chicken out.
5. Keep my eye on the prize-I am training for my first Ragnar race in September. I’ve always thought only crazy people did these races and now I am one of them (almost). I am going to stick to my plan and hope to have a great race in 7 weeks. 7 weeks? Gotta RUN!
Those are some of my goals this week? What are yours?