I absolutely love summer so this was a fun, easy post for me to write today. Here are some of my favorite things right now.
1. Running and biking outside. After the winter we had this year, I’m loving being outside as often as possible. I know lots of people think of summer running like this:
I actually love it! I love feeling free with less clothing & love the sun on my back. Yes it is challenging running through humidity and heat but I feel pretty accomplished and bad ass after a long sweaty run. I love biking in the summer-I may not be a fast runner but I feel fast when I fly downhill on my bike. I get a definite adrenaline rush on a good bike ride. Plus it’s a lot easier to do a 2 hour bike ride than a 2 hour run.
2. My vegetable spiralizer and water infuser
These are my 2 favorite gadgets this summer. There is no end to the combinations you can make with the spiralizer and it’s easy to go raw with great summer veggies. I’m addicted to the lemon, cucumber and orange infused water. So easy to make and satisfying to drink.
3. Mac Lip Gloss– I’m a little addicted to Mac Lip gloss and Lip Glass. Ok a Mother Runner has to look good for all of those selfies right?! They last forever in great subtle colors. I’ve been known to sport some on a run too.
4. Summer Fruit- I could live off of watermelon and cantaloupe all summer. It’s so sweet and juicy and the perfect post workout snack.
5. Sleeping in- Where we live, the High Schools start at the ungodly hour of 7:15 am so that means early wake ups for me and my teens most of the year. None of us get enough sleep. I am reveling in my slightly later wake ups this summer. What a difference an extra hour of sleep makes. I am much happier!
What are your Summer Faves? Are you sleeping in?