My “spin” on a Greek Salad
Ok so I combined a few of my favorite summertime foods to create an amazing, easy salad or side. I’ve been loving the vegetable spiralizer and creating all kinds of great things. #vegetarian, #GF
- 2 large cucumbers-peeled, leave whole
- pint of tomatoes-heirloom, grape or cherry etc
- 4 oz Feta cheese
- Greek Peperocini (3-4)
- Chick peas- 1 can
- Chopped Romaine, kale or your favorite lettuce as a "bed"
- Lemon flavored Olive Oil-to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar-to taste
- salt & pepper
- For the quinoa:
- 1 cup of quinoa cooked according to directions
- 2 cups of kale
- Cook quinoa according to directions
- At the same time, saute kale in a little olive oil
- once quinoa is done mix in kale, season w salt, pepper set aside
- spiralize cucumbers
- arrange lettuce on plate, top with quinoa/kale mixture
- top with cucumber "noodles"
- add tomatoes, peperocini, olives (if desired)
- Sprinkle on chick peas
- top with Feta
- drizzle olive oil, balsamic, salt, pepper & oregano
Super easy & fast! Note: This will make more quinoa than you need so it’s great to have around for lunch the next day. I even add it into an omelet for breakfast. It can be eaten cold or at room temp.
Tell me: What do you think of my Spiralized Greek Salad?