On Fridays, I usually do a double at Dancing Mind Yoga consisting of 45 minutes of Indoor Cycling followed by 45 minutes of Hot Yoga/Sculpt. The yoga is an interesting mix and Baptiste yoga and free weights. I have a hard time doing plain old yoga for a whole 60 min class so this combo has become my new fave. I just love my Friday workout. There is something so satisfying about sweating your butt off in a 100 degree room while doing weights. It is so much more challenging and it really kicks my butt every time.
This is what my bag looks like on the way to class each Friday. I’m highlighting 5 of my favorite items.
1. Nathan Power Shower wipes– I discovered these a few years back. After a Hot Yoga class, I am disgustingly sweaty (in a good way) and the first thing I do is grab one of these to wipe of my face and neck. I also keep a spare pack in my car for post run wipe offs. I highly recommend them.
2. Hoo Ha Ride Glide– If you’ve ever sat on an indoor cycling seat, you know how uncomfortable those are right? I started using this chamois creme a few years back while doing tri races. If you are prone to chafing or have sensitive skin in that area, I find this creme to be the best. I use it before indoor cycling class and always on outdoor bike rides as well. It’s also great for preventing chafing on a run. I keep a few of the sample size packs around to throw in for races.
3. Indoor cycling shoes- Clip in cycle shoes make a huge difference in class. I find a smoother pedal stroke and a stronger push on the climbs. If you’ve been wanting to make the switch to clip in on an outdoor bike, trying them out in class is pretty risk free. You are not going to fall off your bike!
4. Mac Lip gloss– I always have a few of these stashed in my bag. “Confession”-You will rarely see me without lipgloss on. Yep I admit it-I wear lip gloss to class and on a run. A girl’s gotta look good because you never know right? My lips also get really dry and chapped so these glosses really lock in the moisture and last quite a while.
5. Moms Run This Town business cards- I always carry a stash of these cards with me to class and even on a run. I’ve been known to go up to random people to recruit them for our running group. I sometimes run after ladies on the trail and hand them info. Yep I’m that crazy girl!
Do you have any of these in your bag? What’s your must have item?