My kids beg me to make this super easy and healthy Banana Bread. (printable recipe below) Note: it gets even softer and better the next day-Enjoy!
I’ve made a couple of tweaks to make it more healthy. Specifically, I’ve used Brown Sugar Splenda for baking. This allows you to cut the sugar by half the amount thus also reducing the calories quite a bit. I’ve also replaced the white flour with whole wheat flour and reduced the amount by 1/4 of a cup.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Using the ripest bananas you have is the best choice.
What do you think? Look good?
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 c Splenda Brown Sugar (or use 1 cup reg light brown sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C vegetable Oil
- 1 C light Sour cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour (or use 1 3/4 c All purpose flour)
- optional: 1/2 C Chocolate chips and/or 1/2 c Walnuts
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- spray a 9 inch loaf pan with Pam or similar product
- mash bananas with a fork until smooth-set aside
- In a med bowl combine: eggs, sugar, oil and sour cream-whisk until smooth
- Add in cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, salt and bananas and whisk
- Add in flour and stir until combined-do not overmix. There will be chunks of bananas
- Add in choc or walnuts if desired
- Pour into loaf pan and bake 60-75 min
- Top will brown when done and toothpick will be clean
- Cool & wrap in foil to store-it’s actually better the next day!