“Zoodles & Squoodles” aka Zucchini and Squash ribbons of “pasta”
This is a super easy and fast not to mention low calorie alternative to pasta. Here’s what you will need:
2 large zucchini & 2 large squash
1 package of baby spinach
1 pint of tomatoes ( I used “one sweet tomato” but you can use any type of tomato) I halved the tomatoes
1 can of diced tomatoes (as needed)
salt, pepper, garlic, oregano & red pepper to taste
Parmasean Cheese to garnish
(Printable recipe below)
I used a vegetable slicer to create ribbons with the zucchini and squash-if you don’t have one you can use a traditional vegetable peeler. Set aside.
Saute spinach and tomatoes in a little olive oil. Season with salt & pepper while cooking. Reduce heat and allow the juice from the tomatoes to cook out. This is the primary sauce for your “pasta”.
Slowly add in veggies and cook for about 5 min until they are “al dente”. Add in spices to taste while cooking. Depending on how much juice has come out of your tomatoes, you may need to add a small amount of the canned tomatoes to suit your taste.
Garnish with Parm and That’s it! Your done-super easy and super healthy enjoy. I ate a big bowl of this for dinner and found it very satisfying-hope you do too.
Let me know if you like it!
- 2 large zucchini & 2 large squash
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 1 pint of tomatoes (any type-I used one sweet tomato)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (as needed)
- Parm Cheese to garnish
- salt, pepper, garlic, oregano & red pepper to taste
- Use a vegetable peeler to create ribbons with the zucchin & squash and set aside
- cut tomatoes in half so juice can cook out
- Saute tomatoes and spinach with a little olive oil turn down heat and simmer for about 5-10 min to allow juices to flow from tomatoes. This is your primary sauce. Season with salt & pepper while you cook.
- Slowly add in veggies & season to taste while cooking. Depending on your taste add in canned tomatoes if needed. Cook until “al dente”
- Garnish with Parm and your done! Enjoy